The Regional Networks deliver a major part of the All-Wales Arts and Education O er, which is part of Creative learning through the arts – an action plan for Wales. They will work with schools, the Regional Education Consortia, local authorities and stakeholders in the education, arts, creative, cultural and heritage sectors in all four regions.
Creative learning through the arts – an action plan for Wales. Creative learning through the arts is a partnership between Welsh Government and Arts Council of Wales – putting creativity and the arts at the heart of learning. At the core of this activity will be learning about the arts and culture, participating in the arts and developing creative skills across the curriculum.
Creative Learning Plan Aims:
- Improve attainment through creativity;
- Increase and improve arts experience and opportunities in schools
- Deliver on the three education priorities: improving literacy, numeracy, and reducing the impact of disadvantage.
Increase and improve arts experiences and opportunities in schools by forging links between:
- Teachers, educationalists and partners from the education sector
- Arts practitioners, arts organisations and venues;
- Cultural and heritage organisations and venues such as museums, libraries and archives
- Local authority arts providers, including music services
- Higher education arts and cultural partners
- The creative industries sector
Support teachers and arts practitioners in developing their skills;
- Increase and improve opportunities for teachers and learners in our schools to work with artists and arts/cultural/heritage organisations;
- Increase opportunities for young people to experience the work of Wales’s artists and arts/cultural organisations
- Create more opportunities for communication and partnerships between schools, artists, arts/cultural/heritage organisations and local communities
Edau is governed by a steering panel lead by the Arts Development O cers in the six North Wales counties and GwE.
Edau Activity: Deliver a training programme: Identifying needs and support teachers in delivering the new creative learning plan. Bringing artists and teachers together to develop confidence in creativity and explore new creative teaching methods. Edau is committed to designing useful and meaningful training based on real needs.
Deliver the Local Arts Champions programme:
Edau have already appointed Arts Champions. Their role is to support specific schools and teachers in becoming more creative and to identify and share good practice.
Advise the main panel on the real picture in the classroom.
Create opportunity for innovative creative projects in North Wales:
Edau Arts & Education Innovation Commissions encourages arts organisations, practitioners and schools to undertake innovative projects o ering an opportunity to develop exciting ideas and o er creative solutions to some of the current and future creative education challenges.
Creating a live network – via exciting network events, social media, helping schools to reach out to create connections with arts organisations/museums/theatres/galleries and building on the creative experience in the classroom.